ReStore volunteer opportunities now available!
Read below to learn more about volunteer position at the ReStore. These are great opportunities to learn more about retail operations and gain useful experience, meet new people and build your personal network, give back to your community, and further the mission of Habitat for Humanity to transform families through affordable home ownership.
General Summary: ReStore volunteers play an integral role in the function of the ReStore retail operation. Everyday will be different volunteering at the ReStore. Volunteers will participate in receiving donations, merchandising, customer service, and other tasks associate with retail operations. Overall volunteers will be responsible for ensuring an excellent customer experience. Volunteering at the ReStore is a great chance to gain new skills while building relationships and your personal network.
• Assist donors, unload donations, participate in donor relations
• Assist with processing and prepare product for sales floor
• Maintain a clean, organize, and safe retail facility with routine tasks and special projects
• Greet customers, answer questions, assist customers, other basic customer service responsibilities
• Other responsibilities assigned
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Willingness to learn
• Ability to builg relationships with donors and advocate for the ReStore
• Ability to work without strong supervision
• Adaptable to daily tasks
• Must be comfortable turning down donations and saying, "No" to donors.
• Must be able to pleasantly interact with donors, customers, volunteers, and staff
• Must be able to understand and follow written and oral directions
• Must be able to lift awkward and heavy items *
• Must be able to work in a warehouse retail environment
• Must be able to stand for 4 or more hours*
• Must be 16 years of age or older
• Must consent to a criminal background check and sex offender registry check
Please visit VolunteerUp our online volunteer scheduling program, if you haven't already please create a username and password you may do so now. Once you have logged into VolunteerUp, please schedule yourself for a shift that fits your schedule.
To see other volunteer opportunities at CMHFH click here