A New Executive Director
We are so happy to announce that we have a new Executive Director.
Chad Bouley comes to us from the Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity, where he was the Chief Real Estate Officer.
Learn more about his plans for CMHFH by reading the full press release.
Invest In Our Community's Future
Since 2015, CMHFH has partnered with local high schools, colleges, and youth organizations to provide students with valuable, hands-on homebuilding experiences.
The partnership helps students prepare for promising careers in the trades. St. Cloud Technical & Community College students complete the plumbing, electrical, and carpentry work. As a result, 100+ students exit the program each year, ready to start their careers in the construction field.
We Need Your Support
Donations and Sponsorships are used to purchase and deliver materials to the school, where the students and instructors build the home's upper level from start to finish.
Make a Difference
Donate online with a single, monthly or annual gift! A financial gift will move us forward in our mission to help create a Central MN where everyone has a decent place to live at a price they can afford!
One method of giving to CMHFH is through sponsoring one of our builds. With a build sponsorship, your organization helps ensure all people have decent, affordable shelter.
Volunteering is a great way to get involved and make a difference in the community. It looks great on your college application, resume, and is a good way to learn new skills while making a difference for a hardworking, low-income family in your community.
We have a variety of volunteer opportunities for everyone. Learn more about volunteering as a group, individual, and our youth opportunities.
Who We Serve
About Our Program
Central Minnesota Habitat for Humanity offers a Homeownership Program to residents of Stearns, Sherburne, Benton, and Wright counties as a hand-up to low-income families that are unable to get a mortgage from the bank. We do not give houses away for free, but instead we provide affordable mortgages to those that qualify.
There are six initial qualifications for those who are interested in our homeownership program.
1. You must be a U.S. citizen or legal resident and be able to provide documentation.
2. You cannot currently own a home (this requirement may be waived for Veterans Build applicants).
3. You must have lived in Stearns, Sherburne, Benton, or Wright county for one year before applying (this requirement may be waived for Veterans Build applicants).
4. You cannot have had property foreclosed on for three years before applying.
5. You cannot have had a bankruptcy for two years before applying.
6. Your total household income must fall between 35% to 60% of area median income (see chart on application or above).