Aging in Place exists to help older adults (and those with mobility issues) age at home and in the communities of their choice, through home repairs and modifications specific to each homeowner’s lifestyle to preserve their home and independence.
Stop by our office to pick up a printed copy, or reach out to Josie at 320-248-7812 or firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an application.
- Need for Adequate Housing – some of the factors considered include:
The functional areas of the home are in disrepair or unsafe and Habitat’s scope of work can significantly benefit the homeowner
The homeowner is unable to physically and/or financially complete the work
- Willingness to Partner with Habitat
- Ability to Pay – all Aging in Place projects require repayment. Loans are structured to be affordable based on the homeowner’s income. Applicant income must be no higher than 80% of the Area Median Income, adjusted for household size (see application).
- Applicant (or someone who lives in the home full-time) is age 65 or older; OR Applicant (or someone who lives in the home full-time) has a medical/mobility situation that, combined with a lack of other options, strongly necessitates Habitat’s services
- Applicant must own their own home (rental properties are not eligible for this program)
- Applicant must maintain homeowner’s insurance on the home
- Requested repairs are for the purpose of improving safety, accessibility, or energy efficiency of the home
- Applicant must be a resident of our four-county service area (Stearns, Sherburne, Benton, Wright) for at least one year prior to applying
- Applicant (and all adult household members) must consent to criminal background and sex offender registry checks